View Single Post
Old November 13, 2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Lurch37

EAA Witness Troubles

Recently, I purchased an EAA Witness Match .45acp. It was used but in very good condition, and it was very resonably priced. I've always wanted one since they felt good in my hand. Today I found time to shoot it and came away frustrated with it's performance.

I only shot 50 rounds, so 5 mags worth, but with each mag, somewhere along the way, about the 4th or 5th round, it would mis-fire. I would manually cock the hammer and pull the trigger. In each instance, the round would fire, then I would experience what I would describe as a quick double tap, with the next round firing instantly with very little trigger pull from me. (Or so it seemed).

Is my trigger finger bouncing off the trigger guard and contacting the trigger hard enough to fire the gun that quickly? Something else? I don't understand the mis-fire either as it seems to fire when I cock the hammer and try it again?

I don't want to give up so quickly as it seemed to be accurate, but I'm not really fond of non reliable guns. Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.02308 seconds with 8 queries