View Single Post
Old January 25, 2010, 02:04 PM   #11
chuter

I really like my AR-10T. Have had it a good while. I was debating between it and a M1A. I like the recoil direction of an AR for faster target reacquisition. Got a lot of advice on the two, shot them both and went with the AR. OK, a few years later I picked up an M1A (it’s a disease, what can I say?). Some days, ¼ MOA at 100 and no bigger than a quarter at 300, some days not. I use Black Hills moly, match grade ammo, nothing else in the 10. My goal in purchasing the rifle is to take the gun out of the accuracy equation. I have a very accurate rifle, I know it will shoot well. Me shooting well is another story. Some days yes, some days no. Diet (including hydration) and sleep have a lot to do with good shooting. As we age, sugar content will have a greater impact on our eyes for shooting so watch that.

The M1A is darn near as good. I test various loads with it and instantly see how that will change POI. That’s fun.

Yes, a bolt gun is supposed to out perform a semi. I have a really nice DCM/NRA Match 03A3 in 30-06 for that. But, it’s hard to compare iron sights against modern scopes (and older eyes against younger eyes).

The easiest answer is… in due time… buy them all.

Enjoy.

Page generated in 0.03218 seconds with 8 queries