Thread: Getting a CCL?
View Single Post
Old March 28, 2009, 05:53 AM   #1
SilentSoul

Getting a CCL?

I have trained for a large part of my life, to be capable of "defending" myself against another human being, be it armed or unarmed... though, the situation is not that simple when firearms are involved, the idea that "god created all men equal" may be true, but once the creating part is over, and you grow up... its up to you what kind of man you become, firearms further corrupt this notion, the weak and pathetic can pray upon the strong and noble, all because of a man made device, sticking with the scheme of being our own worst enemy but we have to live with it, there will ALWAYS be guns in the wrong hands, though the day may come when the "right hands" no long have the right to carry them.. where will we be then

that said, it only makes sense to carry at least a small caliber firearm(while we can), though i wouldn't carry anything smaller than a 9mm on my person, but.. i wonder how that would effect some things, i often see people that are carrying, even though its not obvious to everyone, if you pay attention its easy to tell at times, i don't personally like the idea of having a loaded firearm strapped to my body in a public sitting... maybe its just because i have no experience with doing so

how exactly did things change for you, when you started carrying, when you say, go out to eat with your family, knowing you now have a deadly weapon concealed on your body, it seems like it would make a big difference, a good holster would be a must i would think, and a lot of thought put into the firearm, size/weight/functionality, not to mention the position you would carry it in.. all these things i am curious about, since i plan to get my CCL soon as well, mainly as a result of things i have learned here

so, tell me of your experience upon getting your CCL and carrying for the first time, what kind of training you undertook before doing so, and what setup you decided to go with for your first time

"If you want to save your eyes close them. If you want to save your life keep them open."-Unknown?

Page generated in 0.04592 seconds with 8 queries