View Single Post
Old December 31, 2008, 11:44 AM   #18
David Armstrong

Quote:
1. In Bank or restaurant, BG or BG's with gun(s) tells all to get to floor while he/they robs. Can I take a shot at him even though not direct threat to my face, as just one of the scared crowd not knowing their intentions?
Yes you can, but it is not a good idea.
Quote:
2. While walking, attacked from behind from a small BG and knocked over tries to get my wallet. BG has no gun. Can I shoot him immediately if I get a chance of recovery (I could possibly try to run but he may chase not knowing his potential hardware)?
Yes you can, but it is not a good idea.
Quote:
3. Scenario #2 with gun and knock down . Obvious I draw mine and shoot?
Yes you can, but it is not a good idea. (Starting to see a pattern here?)
Quote:
4. Walking on trail, I **** off a guy who doesnt like my dogs running free, I smart azz back saying who owns this trail, the guy says, I think I'll have to kick your azz/or kill you (no weapon brought out). He approaches close with attempted physical harm. I could run, but may not be time to react faste enough. Should I draw and possible fire? Draw and scare may be better here..
No.
Quote:
5. Car Jack, guy comes to car as I am opening door. No apparent weapon I can see as he grabs my arm. He asks for the keys. I am prepared as have concealed holster gun ready to rock. Can I draw and shoot?
Yes, but it is not a good idea.

The above is all subject to change/interpretation based on your state laws and numerous other variables, particularly #2 and 3. My point is that you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. "Can I shoot" is one thing, "should I shoot" is another. Shooting should be a last resort to save your life, not a first resort to stop a crime.

Page generated in 0.03557 seconds with 8 queries