View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 11:12 PM   #13
tulsamal

I loved my HK45 from the start. The only disappointment was that the safety just didn't "work" for me the way a 1911 does. I've never had any issue carrying a 1911 cocked and locked and then hitting the safety as the gun is coming onto the target. But I never could do it 100% of the time with my HK45. Not at any kind of speed. I wanted to use the gun for IDPA but any real effort to get a smooth but reasonably fast draw ended up with me missing the safety once or twice out of every ten presentations. Not good.

So I went to carrying it like a standard DA/SA. Engaging the closest target first DA. And that worked but I've never really liked that type of pistol. So I took the plunge and went with the light LEM conversion. Which I did install myself. (And it was a fairly complex job. If you aren't an accomplished gun person, save yourself the headache and pay somebody to do it!)

The results were very good. I love the gun even more now. The safety I couldn't use before is gone. One less thing sticking out of the gun. Very light initial take-up. Then an easy to control break. No heavier than a standard Glock trigger. Quick reset. As others said, you don't let the trigger go all the way forward again, you just let it go a bit forward to click and then you are reset and ready to shoot again. Not like a DA trigger on a revolver.

I liked it so much that I decided to change my carry gun to a LEM as well. Bought an HK P2000 LEM in .357 SIG. Another great gun.

It does take some practice to learn how to use it but I really think the LEM is a great design and many, many people would end up really liking it if they gave it a fair chance.

Gregg

Page generated in 0.03038 seconds with 8 queries