View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

I think I got my best Gun Broker deal yet...

I've been collecting early black powder cartridge revolvers... mostly "pocket guns" both because the smaller CCW "type" guns interest me more, & I honestly cant afford to collect vintage big bore single actions

in my collection, I have an early 38 S&W H&R top break hand ejector, with the early filigreed type hard rubber grips... I've been on the hunt for a 32 S&W model of the same gun... Gun Broker has had one listed for around the last 6-8 months, with the seller listing it originally for like $350.00 ish... way, way more than I paid for my 38 ( which I got a good deal on BTW ) but the 32 was even in worse shape, even though it was priced almost double what I paid for the 38...

well that gun didn't sell, so the seller relisted it, repeatedly, dropping the price like $20.00 every month or so... last listing, it was at $199.00 & pretty quickly got a bid... I was bumming... I didn't want to pay that much for it... before getting into a bidding war, in desperation, I did one last Gun Broker search...

... low & behold I found another listed as a black powder revolver ( same gun though ) in better shape, than the other listed... plus with the one I newly found, I was high bidder at $32.00 with only one day left to go... I ended up buying it for $43.00... it's cool to be able to add something needed to my already pretty complete collection for such a thrifty price... it's pre 1898 so no FFL fees even though the seller wants it to go to an FFL ( my dealer doesn't charge me for recieving antiques )... what do ya think ???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32 H&R hand ejector.jpg (65.0 KB, 1614 views)

Page generated in 0.02158 seconds with 9 queries