View Single Post
Old July 2, 1999, 12:35 AM   #5
Jonnie Goodboy Tyler

I have used a Harrts on a Glock 22 (.40 S&W)and a Shock Tec (standard length) on Colt Delta Elite (10mm).

I would not recommend either one. Neither one reduced recoil, at least not that I could tell. The Harrts did change the point of impact, however, I don't remember which way the point of impact moved. I sold the Glock back in 95 - the POS broke a trigger return spring (I think) after 1000 rounds.

The Shock Tec did not change point of impact. I believe it did prevent some battering. After 4000 rounds, I replaced the Shock Tec with a conventional full length recoil spring guide. The Shock Tec is still in good condition, I just wanted to see if a full length recoil spring guide would increase the life of the recoil spring.

I have a 38 Super race gun, and I can attest that a good compensator will definitely reduce recoil, increase recoil spring life and allow the use of a lighter recoil spring. My 38 super has hardly any muzzle flip. Of course, a compensator will take your gun out of the "stock" category, and the muzzle blast/flash is greatly increased.

Jonnie

Page generated in 0.03207 seconds with 8 queries