Thread: Bank of America
View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 09:17 AM   #11
Skans

I read the story and I'm not convinced. I have worked with many banks and that's just not how they typically operate (and I'm not fan of BOA, but for other reasons) First, they are far more concerned about bank regulators and bad press than they are about internet gun sales. Remember what happened when they wanted to charge an ATM fee? They quickly tucked tail and reversed when it folks yelped about it.

Second, there was no mention in the article about "freezing accounts" - apparently the deposits were held longer than the account holder had expected. Maybe this caused him to become overdrawn, in which case the account may have been frozen at that time.

Third, I have seen my share of fly-by-night gun parts dealers/makers to make me go "hmmmm, wonder if there's another side to this story". Reference: Valkyrie Arms Olympia WA; J.A. Ciener; Dana Reed; Ares Defense (Shrike) - and the list goes on. I'm not saying this is one of the bad ones - I don't know. But, some of these companies have long histories of taking people's deposits and not giving them anything for it, generating lots of complaints, investigations etc.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries