View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 11:34 AM   #45
iMagUdspEllr

@Manta49:Glocks (and Sigs) have a long history in military, law enforcement, and civilian hands. Other designs either don't have as long of a history or don't have as broad of a usage.

I like M&Ps and I think they are just as reliable as Glocks. However, I have only ever seen a Sig or a Glock in an operator's holster (mostly Glocks these days). So, even though many designs (like the M&P) might actually be just as reliable, they don't have the history and broad usage (data) to prove it (at least not as thoroughly as the Sigs or Glocks).

But, I can definitley make the argument that a Glock is just as reliable as a Sig and the Glock is half the price.

@Berdan SS: I don't understand what makes you feel that the Sigs are a Beretta knock-off.

Beretta:
-Slide mounted safety (leads to the safety being engaged after clearing a malfunction or after chambering a round...dead trigger)
+Low bore axis

Sig:
-High bore axis (not too bad because Sigs are all metal so there isn't much free recoil energy available to amplify the high bore axis problem... but Berettas don't have this problem at all)
+No safety

This is subjective, but every Sig I have tried has a smoother and crisper trigger than every Beretta I have tried. The decocker on the Sig is a no-go for me because I'm left handed. But at least I don't have to worry about accidentally engaging my safety and ending up with a dead trigger like on the Beretta.

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 8 queries