View Single Post
Old August 17, 2009, 10:14 AM   #15
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Jack O', I looked at your join date as I do before replying to any one so i wasn't jumping on the new guy.

Quote:
so I thought about decking it out for home defense
The above is what I based my reply upon.
Quote:
you know, adjustable stock, pistol grip, heat shield, and flashlight
Having read a jillion threads about broken stocks, bruised cheek bones and poor performance, I just share that. I also have a bit 'twixt my ears and know that the heat shield is cool looking but utterly useless on an HD gun (you said you were building a dedicated HD gun) so I spoke my piece.
Quote:
thought it would be fun to dress it up a little.
Had you initially said you wanted to build a tacticool toy... I woulda hooked you up with the links for that gizmo stuff.
As for the rib on the .410... I bet it will be a hindrance... possibly too high as well. The reason a "youngster" is missing and getting discouraged is the .410 is a tuff gun for most unless raised shooting them. With the price of .410 ammo, a kid can't save a weeks lunch money ($1.10 day) and buy a 150 rounds as I could in 1984.
The kids would be much better served using the mossberg with light loads and hitting far more targets. Me? I could adjust my poly choke and make my shots on bunnies out to 35 yards like clock work by 10-11 yo but I was taught well with that old .410 bolt action and fired it a TONNNNNN!!!!!
Brent

Page generated in 0.02298 seconds with 8 queries