Thread: Brass
View Single Post
Old October 1, 1999, 01:08 PM   #9
Mal H
Staff

spanky - I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this when you say "hopefully, I don't have a bad one in a time of need." I rarely guarantee anything, but I will guarantee you will! If the Defender is going to be what it's name implies, you have got to get the problem fixed. And especially if you have the ejection problem with factory loads, which, IMO should be your choice of ammo when you are in a time of need.

As for the reload problem, one of your statements stands out. You run the brass through the expander die and then test it in the barrel to make sure it won't stick. If you have expanded it enough it shouldn't even go in the chamber. See point #1 in my first post.

In lieu of a picture, please take 4 measurements on a loaded/bulged round for us. 1) at the mouth, 2) at the middle of the seated bullet, 3) at the bulge, 4) below the bulge.

Please gives us some additional clues by answering my questions in the second paragraph of my first post except the ones concerning the bullet description since you gave that in your last note. It is very difficult for us to diagnose the problem by the Helen Keller method.

[This message has been edited by Mal H (edited October 01, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02262 seconds with 8 queries