View Single Post
Old December 4, 2002, 04:05 PM   #1
MTNTHUNDER

[Weird Situation] What would you do?

This actually happened to a friend of mine a few years ago...

You hear some noise oustide your house at about 2am. You look out your window to the backyard to see a man trying to STEAL your hunting dog. Your dog is in a dog run and the man has opened the door and has just picked up your dog. (Yeah...it's not a Rottweiler or Doberman, but a friendly Lab.)

So what would you do?

Here is what my friend did....

He grabbed his .45 and maglight and RAN out the front door to his porch. As the guy came around the corner of the house, my friend shined the flashlight on the guy and barked <no pun intended> for him to freeze. The guy kept walking, but very slowly while mumbling something. My friend now yelled out: "If I have to I'll take the chance on killing him but you WILL DIE! STOP OR I WILL SHOOT" They guy stopped and let the dog down, which ran to his master like all dogs should.

All of the sudden two more guys come fron around the corner of the house with their hands up.

He held them at bay until police arrived. Come to find out they had been stealing dogs for a few months (they were running a puppy mill) and were looking to score a black lab for their operation. The thing that is scary is

#1- If he had rushed out unarmed....three on one isn't a very fair fight.

#2- Proves that once again, having a tactical advantage (porch vs. backyard) is a huge strength when dealing with an intruder.

Now would have anyone did anything different?

Page generated in 0.03794 seconds with 8 queries