Thread: Hog Bait.
View Single Post
Old December 6, 2006, 03:38 PM   #9
Wild Bill Bucks

Readily available food sources, have more to do with how fast they will come into bait, than anything else. Here in southeastern Oklahoma, the food is just about gone for the year, and it is pretty easy to get them to come to almost any kind of corn, or bait. If you are in an area that has an abundant food source for them, it will take longer to get them to come to bait.

Some of the guys I hunt with, bag up their deer innards, from deer season and freeze them. After deer season is over, they will take them out and bait for varmints with them. They will get as many hogs to come to them as they get yotes and other varmints.

As for me, I just stick to corn in a pipe, buried in the ground. If you have a place where you can keep corn for them on a regular basis, they will find it pretty quick. I think you could probably use about anything for bait, as I haven't seen much that a hog won't eat, if they are hungry.

I shot a 15lb porker with my bow, yesterday, and we are smoking him as I type. YUM YUM

Page generated in 0.03301 seconds with 8 queries