Thread: Amnesty
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 11:59 AM   #23
dogtown tom

Quote:
Firepower!: dogtown...
I rather pay and get what I want than not having it at all.

Money is of no concern.
How long have you been a Democrat? Could you try to sound more elitist?
It seems the only way the Democratic Party knows how to raise revenue is by raising taxes.

The Second Amendment is a right, not a revenue generator. Would your plan to heavily tax NFA firearms extend to other rights we enjoy? For example reading the newspaper? Going to church? Voting? Why not do a poll tax? Oh, because that is illegal.

You Democrats can keep the NFA tax @ $200 per and just permanantly reopen the registry to new NFA firearms. This would boost the economy and more people could take advantage of their right to own a fully automatic firearm. More purchasers= more manufacturing=more jobs=more sales taxes collected. There's your revenue.

Your method (very high taxes) would kill the companies that manufacture the very guns you want to buy.:barf: Hell, at least half my transfer business can be attributed to people wanting to avoid paying Texas sales tax. The busiest sales period in Texas is during the "tax free weekend" held every summer right before school starts.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Last edited by dogtown tom; November 9, 2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelning

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries