View Single Post
Old January 25, 2014, 12:10 PM   #37
603Country

I get excellent accuracy from the SST's in the grandson's 308, though I admit that it doesn't get used as much as the other rifles. I've long thought that it was an accurate bullet and almost as much so as the Ballistic Tip, which is pretty much the gold standard on hunting and varmint bullets. And in the other rifles, I shoot (and have shot for many years) almost exclusively Nosler Ballistic Tips. You don't want to shoot a deer in the backstrap or hindquarters with a BT. It will make quite a mess. And if you are shooting them in the hindquarters, I don't think you get to make any statement about bullet integrity or accuracy. And that statement that someone made about picking bits and pieces of the BT out of the meat is very wrong. I've shot over 200 deer with a Ballistic Tip and most of them were with my 270 or the previous 270 (at or near 3000 fps) and I haven't found a bullet bit in my food yet. Just shoot em behind the shoulder. A lung shot never fails. Don't shoot the parts you want to eat. Simple rule.

Page generated in 0.02942 seconds with 8 queries