View Single Post
Old April 8, 2010, 09:45 PM   #48
CajunPowder

Hybrid blade/peep sight design

The primary reason my interests lie in the model I'm documenting here is that it has a front blade sight and an adjustable rear sight. Also, there is no V-Groove machined in the topstrap which may make the topstrap a better candidate for a scope as well as making the topstrap stronger. The last facts I figured out here, thanks to the membership for your responses and your knowledge. You make me think and that's good.

The front sight of this revolver is a bit problematic, there is a lot of daylight under the ramp and that's part of the design I realize at this point in my development. I'm wondering if once the revolver is sighted in to some degree should the front sight ramp be sealed. Should something be put underneath the ramp in order to seal that as it is going to be difficult to clean and it could snag on something, etc...

Any ideas as to how to seal the space in between the bottom of the front sight ramp and the top of the barrel?

FIGURE 11: Front Sight daylight, (Arc Welder mask advised!)

FIGURE 12: $2

FIGURE 13: $4

FIGURE 14: $6

As I reviewed this post before saving I noticed the lands inside the barrel look as though they are "hatched" ... they have what looks like horizontal marks across them. Are the lands supposed to be machined this way?

And after some research I'm going to guess that the rifling is "Broach Rifling", at least I hope that's what it is.

And looking into the barrel with even more scrutiny I see this revolver came with a pre-rusted muzzle. Yes, there is a small pocket of rust a little bigger than the tip of an eraser about an inch inside the muzzle. The barrel inside is really dirty, it's got all this black stuff in it ... I wonder what that could be?

Coming next, pictures of the insides of the cylinder chambers.

I believe there is a good possibility that this gun has been fired and more than once.

What am I still doing with this revolver? Why haven't I sent it back for an exchange? Because I'm learning, learning what the market REALLY has to offer ... for FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS.

Last edited by CajunPowder; April 9, 2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Learned something!

Page generated in 0.03666 seconds with 8 queries