View Single Post
Old October 7, 2022, 11:27 PM   #65
Metal god

Quote:
Seems to me that, IF that stay ruling does go into effect, then NY cannot use the requirements in their new law, leaving them with the requirements and processes of their old law, minus the "show special cause" provision that was struck down by the SCOTUS ruling.
I believe that to be accurate . My question was what in there current law allows them to say no . CA had all there eggs in the good cause basket and since that's now gone they have nothing . I agree that doesn't mean CA is a "shall" issue state right now but there is nothing in there current law that allows them to deny an app if the applicant is a law abiding citizen . I was just wondering if NY is now in that same boat ?

Correction CA still requires 8hr training class and guns you want to carry be on your license and things like that but there is nothing that allows them to simply say nope you're not special enough like they used to be able to . If you refuse the training or don't add specific gun to your permit you can't carry but it's nothing like it was before < at least in San Diego it's not . who know what they're doing in LA or SF

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; October 7, 2022 at 11:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries