View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 03:09 PM   #9
BigJimP

You may be right about it not happening all the time...all I know is what I do / and what my buddies do...

I'm a shooter / collector...and I own a lot of S&W older revolvers. A couple of yrs ago ...I found a pair of model 19-1's 4" Nickel on consignment at a local shop...one was fired lightly, one was unfired in a box...asking prices were about $600 and $750 as I recall. One customer bought the fired one, and I bought the other one - and I paid his asking price because I thought it was fair - and I wanted the gun. I took it home that same day - removed side plate, inspected, lubed it ...and took it to the range and shot 4 or 5 boxes thru it. Nice gun...and I still like it very much / along with a variety of model 19's I own...

When I went to the range that day ...I had the box in my bag ...and I asked around of the guys at the range...if anyone wanted the box ( they all wanted the gun too ) ...but I gave the box away to a guy that said he could use it or sell it ....so everyone was happy.

The seller was a guy that had bought them both new ...he fired one, kept the other in a box as an investment. I was happy to let him make a buck ...and I was very happy to add another model 19 Nickel to my collection.

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries