View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018, 10:38 AM   #44
50 shooter

RC, I think I saw the same article on Boretech and Slip2000. I was already using BT when cleaning my .50 and switched to S2K after reading the article.

Combining the two when cleaning firearms is one of those matches that were made to go together. I tried every copper remover short of aqueous ammonia mixed with dish soap. None of them did the job that BT could do when it came to removing copper. Getting rid of the smells that get you banished to the outdoors was another plus! My wife is another that can't and didn't want the smell of gun cleaners in the house! Remember, happy wife, happy life!

I won't use JB compound, it's a micro polishing compound and that means that it removes metal. There's absolutely no way to control it by placing it on a patch and running it back and forth in your barrel. If others wish to use it, fine with me but I don't want it my guns.

A lot of the guys that I shoot with have switched to BT after borrowing it from me at the range. Guys have told me that their guns were clean, I handed them my bottle and said to run some down their barrel. When they came back over they always asked me where they could buy it. Barrett has been using it in their firearms and selling it under their name. To me that speaks volumes about a product if a company uses it and sells it under their name!

Try both products together and I know that you'll be using them until something better hits the market.
No time for rearranging.

Page generated in 0.13704 seconds with 8 queries