View Single Post
Old August 19, 2017, 07:12 PM   #29
Pep in CA

Update from the OP.

My bottle of M-Pro 7 gun cleaner arrived today from Amazon. As a test, I used it to clean my Glock semi-auto and my S&W revolver. I had already cleaned both guns -- CLP on the Glock and Ballistol on the S&W. I wanted to see how much more carbon the M-Pro 7 would remove from my already "clean" guns.

The results were positive. The M-Pro 7 removed quite a bit of leftover carbon from my Glock. Not so much from my S&W. I would say that M-Pro 7 is a much better cleaner than CLP and slightly better than Ballistol.

However, M-Pro 7 did not remove the dark smudges on the frame of my S&W. They are merely cosmetic, so that is not a big deal, but I can't give M-Pro 7 five stars for that reason.

After cleaning, I applied Rig liquid on metal parts for lubrication and protection. My guns are in much better shape than previously.

I should add that using a separate cleaner instead of an all-in-one product is the better way to go. It was always a pain removing excess CLP or Ballistol. The excess M-Pro 7 was quick and easy to remove.

I might try some of the other suggested products in the future, especially the lead away mentioned by cw308 for the carbon rings on the revolver.

Cheers.

Last edited by Pep in CA; August 19, 2017 at 09:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03725 seconds with 8 queries