View Single Post
Old July 28, 2011, 05:44 AM   #3
40caljustice

A couple weeks ago I was visiting my aunt down around the VA/NC border. I heard something scratching around out on the side deck. I had forgot to take the meat scraps out and throw them into the bigger trash can. They were in a smaller trash can that was now tipped over with 2 raccoons pretty much fighting over them.

I grabbed my G27 and I snuck out the front door. As I moved around to the side I noticed one had climbed on top of the porch railing and was sitting there eating. I snuck up as close as I could and got about 6' from the rascal. When I pulled the trigger the coon flew off the railing at 100 MPH and rolled 15'. The other ran off about 25' and stopped. I caught that one square I'm the chest and rolled him backwards about 5 times. I spun back to the first one and he was scrambling to get away. Apparently I hit him through the guts. I popped him again in dead center of his back. He kept squirming and spinning around. I finally put a hole in his head at about 10" away.

I've shot alot of raccoons. Most all of them are 1 shot drop with everything from .22's to 12ga #7 1/2. This was the toughest coon I've ever shot. He had two holes on him the size of door knob. Guts hanging out of one and his spine split in half but he still fought to get up and get out.

I'm glad they weren't running. That wouldn't have been any fun at all.

Page generated in 0.03897 seconds with 8 queries