View Single Post
Old October 28, 2001, 08:04 AM   #9
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks folks, and J, you put it very well.

Frosty, I've been part of that "Thin Red Line of Heroes". I'd bet Kipling knew plenty of them. Common men who have shown uncommon valor.

Did you ever hear the phrase that starts off the presentation of the Victoria Cross?

"For courage and gallantry beyond that expected of every British soldier and sailor".....

A couple words are now coming back into fashion, Duty, Honor, Country. For the first time since I returned from the South East Asian mess in 1970, I'm PC.

And to practical matters....

Will, there's other choices than the ones I wrote. The Maks are decent little pieces, and there's some lower priced 9s out there that aren't junk.But...

The manual of arms for a revolver is lots simpler than that of any auto.User friendly, IOW. A 38 revolver falls on the graph right where the lines for effectiveness and ease of use cross. That's why they were the standard sidearm for police for decades.And, in my experience, still a good choice for those who do not practice as much as they should. And being revolvers, they can use ammo from the lightest to the +P+ 38s or the mags without glitching.

Page generated in 0.03897 seconds with 8 queries