View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 12:19 AM   #25
Bill Akins

Whoever wrote that Van Damme was using Walkers doesn't know what they are talking about. They must have "Josey Wales" on their mind. Here's almost the same angle pic of Clint as Josey as in the angle pic of Van Damme. Now we can clearly see that those are Walkers Clint is holding. Notice the length of the cylinders and how big they are. With Van Damme being a small guy, if he were holding Walker Colts, they would look HUGE in his hands. They do not look huge in Van Damme's hands in the second photo following the below one do they?

How could IMFDB be so sloppy ignorant as to call Van Damme's G&G's or Leech and Rigdon's as Walkers? I am tired of movie people and writers being ignorant and lacking in proper research. Reminds me of an old t.v. episode of "Tales of the Gold Monkey" when Corky (Jake's mechanic) heard Jake's .455 Webley revolver firing and Corky's line was....

wait for it............

"Hey, that's Jake's Weatherby".

I never could figure out how Jake got a Weatherby rifle into his Webley revolver holster .

We don't need more gun control in this country, we need more gun EDUCATION!

Just had this pointed out to me by another member.....
In below photo Van Damme's revolvers aren't even cocked! Yet in the movie he is facing an opponent who appears to be using a double action revolver (not the other guy with the semi-auto w silencer in below photo under Van Damme in same photo). As the member from here (who clued me to Van Damme's uncocked hammers in a P.M.) noted, maybe the property master and writers intended Van Damme to use them double action! ROFL!

Uncocked.

Before Van Damme could cock them, the other guy could double action his revolver. Not a Mexican standoff at all. Without his single actions cocked, the double action guy would have the edge, know it, take it, and win.

As black powder fans we should say to IMFDB and the movie writers...."I knew Josey Wale's Colt Walkers. I respected Josey Wale's Colt Walkers. You're Van Damme revolvers are no Colt Walkers". (To steal a phrase from a political oriented comment regarding Clinton and JFK). Lol.

Another nice rendering of Josey's Walkers.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; April 17, 2012 at 01:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.03246 seconds with 8 queries