View Single Post
Old October 13, 2009, 01:41 AM   #39
radwjw

1911 to buy boyfriend

IMHO for the price range you seem to be looking at my top two choices would be a Dan Wesson CBOB or a Kimber. I happen to have a Pro Crimson Carry II which has the added advantage of laser sighting at no real additional cost. I've owned four Kimbers and never had one problem. They are reliable, very accurate, remarkable triggers, great fit and finish. The Dan Wesson is a great gun that is difficult to beat for the cost, and IMO ranks equal to Kimber. IMO for the price no other guns come close. To outfit a Springfield/Colt/etc. to the accuracy, reliability, finish, etc of these two guns would bring them above the Kimber and Dan Wesson's price. People have the erroneous opinion that Kimbers cost a lot of money; they make a lot of models for well under $1000. My Pro Carry Crimson II I got for less than $900. Yea, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, etc. are the best, but you're talking $2000+, they better be good. Now you are talking a completely different price range and gun. You can't compare these guns to Kimber or Dan Wesson because they cost twice as much and more.
However if your boyfriend is partial to Springfields/Colts/any well established gun manufaturar they all have their good points and will serve him well. Just stay away from "newcomers' or really cheap guns- you get what you pay for.

radwjw

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries