View Single Post
Old October 16, 2022, 04:30 PM   #4
FoundFather

Thanks Jim and 44 AMP. If I might paraphrase, sounds like: "not crazy, but might not work."
OP, you need to check the specific individual gun you are working with to find out.

Since we are to assume you're asking about a solid frame 20th century revolver, that says to me you do not have a specific gun in hand.
So, I actually just bought TWO .32 short revolvers online. (My first foray into C&R firearems, or revolvers. I have lots of other guns.) I don't have possesion yet, can't answer many questions aobut them, so I didn't want to make it all about those. One is an H&R Young American that I thought was built for smokeless powder but now believe is a black powder era version. The other is an H&R Victor which was definitely built in the smokeless era so hopefully will work with the .32 Long wadcutters. Victor was a pretty cheap line of revolvers, so quite likely to have bored through cylinders. I really like the look of the Young America. I will post more about these guns when I get them in my sweaty little mitts. If I have to keep looking to find a "shooter" then I will probably do that.

This idea originated about a year ago when I bought Seecamp in .32 ACP. I quickly assembled a pretty good stockpile of hard to find .32 ACP ammo. Then I came across somthing about these little Belgian brevete revolvers in .32 and thought they were jsut so darn cute:

.32 ACP was immensely popular in early 20th century Europe, and apparently some of these European knock offs were chambered in it. So I thought it would be really cool if I could buy a tiny little revolver chambered in .32 ACP and shoot my stash though it. But as I looked for one, I became aware that the information on them was really scarce, a lot of them were very poorly built to begin with, and you can't trust the markings on them. So, since couldn't find a revolver that I was confident was intended for and could shoot .32 ACP, I started to think aobut US production like these little H&R jobs in .32 S&W (short).

Anyone have any idea where I can buy some black powder .32 S&W ammo? I know the large producers don't mess with it. There are some places online that normally carry it, like Buffalo Arms: http://www.buffaloarms.com/32-s-w-sh...mobp32sws.html But all I have found are out of stock at the moment. Maybe I do need to get into reloading.

Page generated in 0.03432 seconds with 8 queries