View Single Post
Old August 30, 2008, 09:42 PM   #15
Sarge

A revolting development....

My oldest son, despite my admonitions to find honest work instead, recently started the police academy. About that same time he also bought the first Glock that's ever been 'in the family'. He seems to have inherited my gift for finding lemons and his factory-reconditioned G22 soon gave light-strike FTF's. Off it went to a Glock LE armorer friend who corrected a few things and this afternoon, I took it out for a test drive.

Standing unsupported at 25 yards, I fired 10 rounds of WW/USA 165 FMJ at a LEE target you can print off the internet. I aimed each shot but triggered them as soon as the sights settled in the black. While not as neatly centered as John's group pictured above, seven of those ten went in 2 3/4 inches and three flyers opened it to six. The gun was obviously more accurate than my ability to hold it- and more than accurate enough for rested, 50-yard noggin' shots- once zeroed with a specific load.

The revolting part is that I shot this disgusting, soulless plastic sproing-popper about as well as I would have shot my 1911... and on the second magazine I ever fired through the G22.

I may have to give these things another look.

Page generated in 0.02033 seconds with 8 queries