View Single Post
Old January 17, 2021, 10:27 PM   #20
FireForged

I am not real sure what the OP is trying to accomplish if he is dry firing a flint lock. Unless he is planning to carry a flint lock, you may as well be pointing a banana.

I have a very simply philosophy. Get some training and if you feel the need to be a better shooter, seek more training and shoot more. I have never sat around dry firing a weapon and probably never will.

I have always felt that dry firing quickly gets to a point of diminished returns. I think that alot of this dry fire practice is simply doing "something" for the sake of doing it. I also feel that many people do it because they want to and they probably like how it makes them feel (Industrious).

Can dry fire be of a benefit? Sure, but so can sitting in your driveway for three hours practicing putting the key in the ignition of your car. In a very short time you are likely going to need scientific instruments to measure the gains( if any)

Pulling the trigger on a handgun is not rocket science and probably should not be treated as such. A person can easily learn their trigger( it doesnt take long) and a person can very easily pay attention to the particular nuances of their gun when training with live fire.

To me.. pulling the trigger does not need to be "muscle memory", its needs to be a very deliberate and thoughtful action which is precipitated in the moment as a result of a very specific set of conditions.

There are plenty of things which may make all the difference in a self defense action. That said, I doubt that the expected gains from dry fire is going to be one of those things. Could it be.. I guess it could.

Can dry fire be of benefit? Yes, I believe it can.
Is that benefit worth the time and effort? Not to me

Page generated in 0.03174 seconds with 8 queries