View Single Post
Old November 13, 2001, 02:12 AM   #27

I would immediatly run out to the car and offer them $100 cash to just drive away with the whole thing. And another $150 if they split up and take the jeep too.

I have been through this before. The worst mistake I made was notifiying the police. They recovered my motorcycle that was ruined in every way. Made me pay for "towing" it ($100), made me pay the impound lot, made me take off work to go to court. I got nothing, absolutely nothing (this was a dirt bike, not insured because I never drove it on the road. My home owners insurance company told me to go to hell also). I have had most any kind of theft/break in there is in the last 10 years. I never got a single penny back by calling the police. As mentioned earlier, they instead cost me an additional $200. Never call the police unless you need to make an insurance claim. The only satisfaction I ever got from a situation like this is when my cute liitle Rottweiler tore some jerk limb from limb when he broke into my house. The blood was incredible. Cutsie pie then went in and took a nap, he tuckered himself out. And no, I didn't call the police then either. If I did, the guy could have then sued me for injuries that occured while burglerizing my house. As it was, I could just say I didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Last edited by 444; November 13, 2001 at 02:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.03245 seconds with 8 queries