Thread: Why???
View Single Post
Old April 26, 2000, 09:57 AM   #1
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
CCPD,,,I'm with you, I like Colts too, never had a Kimber or Les whats his name or any of the other high dollar shops guns. I guess they are OK but so are the Colts. Read these boards and you will find as much squawing and kicking about the so called custom 1911 as you do about the Colts. I cant help that Colt and now S&W made deals with the devil but I will not boycott them. I like my Colts and when you hear that someone built a gun on a aftermarket frame it ususlly gets refered to as a parts gun. If it is not a Colt it is a parts gun, period, the end. I have built the 1911 on Essex and Ranger and they are parts guns for sure, the Kimber and Les, and Springfield are not Colts so I guess that makes them just parts guns too, but with a damn site higher price than Colt ever stuck us for. There's my nickles worth[/quote]
This was on a different forum. What I can't get over is, why are people so ignorant? It's one thing to have a preference to certain makes of handguns. Does that make it a right to rant off dumbass remarks like that? Colt was just lucky to win the damn contract. The idiocy of some people absolutely amazes me.

I used to own 4 Colts but now only 3. Sorry, but I'll take my Wilson or Les Baer "parts" gun over a new Colt any day. Hell, with the BS that Colt pulls, I'll take a Charles Daly over a new Colt.

I apologize for this rant. I'm just bitching outloud.

[This message has been edited by ArmySon (edited April 26, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries