View Single Post
Old September 8, 2011, 07:52 AM   #13
Terminus009

Home rule

I see some room for compromise: so long as ONLY the corporate limits of th city of Chicago is exempt from home rule preemption I could live with that. Sadly it is really Chicago where law abiding citizens need ccw the most! So while I could live with a ccw law that excludes Chicago I would hate to see Illinoisans anywhere excluded. Chicago needs to bite the bullet and bow to the inevitable. Even anti gun politicians value armed protection, but apparently only if the government pays for it and they don't need to deal with the smell of Hoppe's on their hands: "sure, I need protection even after I'm out of office, but how about if the government springs for tens of thousands of dollars to pay an armed bodyguard instead of having me pay $400 for a gun and a few hundred more for instruction? That way I never have to touch the devil."
----- In Justice Robert H. Jackson's memorable words, "If there is any fixed star in our constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein."

Page generated in 0.02205 seconds with 8 queries