View Single Post
Old July 7, 2009, 01:38 PM   #28
.50FAN

To quote YodaMage: (( Time to vote.))

I don't need a license to guarantee my rights.
Yoda's PREMISE: State X passes a law that CCW permits can be issued same day with nothing more than a photo ID...so those folks can travel to all other states with t What CCW honored.

1.-PA decides to lower the driving age to 9, so are those drivers licenses to be honored in the 49 other states?

2.-CA decides to legalize all narcotics, so what exactly is the impact in the rest of the country? Is possession then legal, but not use? Use legal? Possession and use legal but not purchasing or distribution?

3.-OH decided to issues commercial fishing licenses in the Great Lakes without rules or Quota, so how does that apply the the waters of surrounding states?

4. The trick to 'States Rights' is that it does not infringe on the rights of the other states.

Paraphrasing YodaMage there. The fact is, that ONLY the original PREMISE has any Constitutional validity. Statements #1, #2, #3, and #4 are not itemized in the Constitution as "Granted By Their Creator." Or have I forgotten what "2A" is about? As far as #4, NOT EVEN ANY STATE'S rights can abrogate the Constitution. We all already have "the right to keep and bear", and we now need the commitment to ENFORCE the Constitution in ALL CASES. Anything less or more is infringement of OUR rights. Whether it is the right of free speech, to vote (whether male, female, freeman or slave), to be free of unreasonable searches, the freedom from self-incrimination and excessive bail, the freedom from slavery, the right of trial by jury, and all the rest. If THEY ALL are not equally enforced, then it is our duty to see that they are. Anything less is un-patriotic. They are YOUR RIGHTS; use them or lose them.

BTW, we have a lot to get done before the 2010 election cycle. If the courts get stacked like Congress is stacked, the Constitution may just be a dream. The United Nations may just be in control of our "rights."

Last edited by .50FAN; July 7, 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Redaction.

Page generated in 0.04098 seconds with 8 queries