View Single Post
Old July 3, 2009, 10:29 AM   #16
stevieboy

I own a 66 (the stainless version of the 19), a 686, and a 27. Each of them has unique characteristics. They also have some things in common. Each gun is extremely accurate. The triggers on my three .357s range from very good (my 27) to outstanding (the 66) to better than outstanding (my 686).

Now, as to the differences. The 19/66 is a 4" gun. It's llight (36 ounces), points easily, and would be a good gun to carry. Among my three, I think of it as the sports car. The only drawback that I find with the gun is that shooting the hotter .357s (125 gr.) is not a pleasant experience. More like "barely tolerable", I'd say.

The 686, with its 6" barrel, is a pretty heavy chunk o'metal, weighing about 45 ounces. It's also quite front end heavy. Not a good gun for all day carry except, maybe, in a hunting rig. But, it shoots wonderfully.

The 27 is a true brontosaur. If the 66 is a sports car, the 27 is a semi-truck. It weighs about as much as the 686, but it has a 4", half-lugged barrel, so nearly all of the steel is in the frame and cylinder. It is much bigger than the 686 and the 66 and is quite a handful. However, it handles magnum rounds, even the heavy stuff, easily, and appears to be virtually indestructible. As a carry gun, I'd say that's a pretty heavy chunk of metal to tote around all day.

Page generated in 0.03937 seconds with 8 queries