View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009, 11:29 AM   #113
gretske

IlBob

Let me offer a couple of thoughts. First, if the case has merit, there will probably be attorneys who will prosecute the civil case on contingency. If they do, they will usually also agree to fight the criminal charges. So, the civilians here may get their day in court after all.

Second, the lesson here is a basic one, and this discussion was very valuable for me, and others as well, I suspect. I had never really thought through a situation like this, so I did not have a specific plan for it.

Now, I do.

Assuming a like set of conditions - a knock at the door in the middle of the night, voices claiming to be LEOs - I would first secure my person in a safe place, not near the front door. Armed and prepared for self defense. Second, I would call 911 to report that my "castle" was about to be invaded. If it is LEOs, they can so advise and coordinate the safe opening of the door. If it is BGs pretending to LEOs, then I have set in motion the back up I may need.

I thank all for a good and lively discussion, and hope you found it enlightening as well.

Last edited by gretske; March 24, 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Dang Typos!

Page generated in 0.02602 seconds with 8 queries