View Single Post
Old March 1, 2005, 10:53 AM   #6
sundog

Kinda depends on wether you're gonna size and decap on station 1. I size/decap on a single stage, bacause it gives me a chance to inspect each piece of brass. Then I prime with a hand primer and store the primed brass until ready for loading, that way I can make up any load I want and not have to wait until I shoot a bunch to reclaim brass - got plenty primed brass on hand all the time, but only the ammo I'm expecting to shoot near term. Anyway, another reason I got into doing this is because I do NOT like the priming mechanism in the Lee turret press at all. So, with brass already primed, first station is powder/flare, second is bullet seat, and third is crimp (better ammo with seperate seat and crimp, I think). Now, if your going to do the whole cycle including size/decap, then go with the 4-holer. I have one of each and they both work fine. Or if you want to hand prime, just use the 3-holer as a single stage for just sizing/decapping. You could even mount 3 sizer dies in one turret for 3 different calibers, and set up 3 other turrets with the rest of the dies for each caliber. sundog

Page generated in 0.03769 seconds with 8 queries