View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 06:09 AM   #37
Sevens

Grab and GO!
If by GO, we mean that I'm running in to a gun show to sell a gun at the speed of light, I'd grab the Glock 19. Might be -the- easiest gun to sell immediately. Everyone thinks they want one.

If I'm expected for tea & crumpets with some high brow folks at a mansion on the hill, maybe the HK would be a good choice since those guys need to spend more on their goodies...I could fit right in.

If I'm headed to a photo shoot and I need something pretty, a Hi-Power would fit that bill...as long as it's got a gorgeous, deep blue finish. Hopefully the photographer doesn't want to feel the dicey trigger, the obnoxiously vague trigger reset and I -really- hope we don't end up discussing magazine disconnect safeties... If I get cornered, I'll show him the way-cool mousetrap magazines and attempt to re-direct him from the trigger woes. (which would fit right in with a spring loaded magazine that's required to make up for the mag safety, so it comes full circle! )

If I'm keeping it, a safe bet is the Colt Gold Cup Trophy. Always liked the look of these... a classic look that predates all the great looking 1911's on the market today. Safer bet than "Custom Series 70" because an undefined "custom" could mean that it was cut in half with a blow torch and then JB-welded back together.

I could grab one of the SIGs...and maybe if I find a quality engraver, I could have him etch a little anchor on the slide and jack the value up a few hundred bucks!

No offense, just trying to have some fun with these.

Page generated in 0.02673 seconds with 8 queries