View Single Post
Old September 30, 2017, 11:31 PM   #30
BigJimP

Its my opinion ...that a draw to 1 shot at a 1 sec Par Time....is a highly trained & proficient shooter...especially if they are 95% or higher on A zone hits. ( 1 miss to a B zone out of 20 times running Draw & Fire 1 is 95%...)..if all under Par time.

As I get closer to 70, eyes are not good, arthritis, etc...I'm content with a Par time of 1.85....probably class B/ C range...for draw to 1 shot../ ...and i work hard to keep my rythum smooth & consistent and my followup shots Par time of ( 0.3 sec ).

My personal goal is 92% or better using the ICE target against those par times...if I exceed Par it costs me 2 pts ...so a draw & fire 4 rds is 2.75 sec par time, but I want to run it consistently around 2.5 - 2.6 sec...at around 95% or better in A zone for a fundamental drill like that. ( so run it 5 times, 20 shots, 1 miss to B zone max.../ all under Par will give me 95% ). I train twice a week....to keep that drill ( draw fire 4 at or above 95%).

For a beginner, I think a per time Draw to 1 shot should start at 3 sec...and work it down to 2 sec, if they can keep at least 90 % on the A zone. Build those fundamentals ...and split times of ( 0.5 sec ). If they drop below 90%...move the time back up, make them earn it.

My point is ...set a Par time ...with an accuracy goal. I can shoot to a 1 sec par time, if I can live with a 75% accuracy..../ or 1.5 sec draw & fire 2...

I would love to tell you I'm running my drills at 100% often, but it would be a lie..../ there are a lot of days when 96's - 98's sneak in there...( not that it matters, but I shoot a full sized 1911, 5" gun, in 9mm..). Among my buddies, in our 60's & 70's...we shoot matches weekly amongst ourselves...and I don't lose often ...and my avg hovers around 95% on a rolling 8 week basis...different COF every week...speed reloads, tac reloads, etc..( so i'm meeting my goal of 92% or better for the year....even when I choked a little on 4 matches this year and put up a couple of 90's and a couple of 88's...

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 8 queries