View Single Post
Old August 7, 2011, 08:03 AM   #11
Southron

Well, They Tried To Sting Me!

About 20 years ago there was a bar that I hung out in on St. Simons Island, GA. A friend of mine told me that there was a fella there, supposedly he was a retired Marine Corps pilot that wanted to meet me because I had worked in the gun industry at one time.

When I finally met the fellow he bought me a few drinks. I am a pilot and started talking flying with him. It quickly became apparent that whoever this character was, he certainly wasn't a pilot. I didn't let on I saw thru his story.

Then after about an hour's worth of "chit chat" he asked me if I wanted to make $1,000.00 in CASH. He even pulled out his wallet and showed me that it was full of brand new, crisp $100.00 bills.

All I had to do to "earn" the money was to help him load a van full of MAC Model 10's on to a boat there at the Golden Isles Marina. Supposedly the boat loaded with those guns was then going to sail to an undisclosed location in Central America.

I smelled, to quote the movie actor, Jimmy Cagney: "A Big, Fat, Dirty Rat!

I terminated the conversation by telling this character that my advice was that he contact a Customs Broker and determine what legal steps he had to follow to send those guns to Central America.

I got up and left the bar.

Later on, I did find out that he was a government agent.

Then about 5 years ago I was at a gun show and there was a table full of doggy M-16A1 Rifles on it. The sign on the table said:

"Genuine M-16 Army Surplus Rifles for Sale."

The two characters that sat at the table looked too serious and too "out of place" to be gun dealers.

I have often wondered IF they did arrest some boob for thinking he could get a "Genuine Surplus" M-16 from those characters.

There is a lot to be said about being law abiding. For one thing, it keeps you out of jail!

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 8 queries