View Single Post
Old May 7, 2011, 12:49 AM   #3
ZVP

Thanks Junkman!
Yea they're each unique OK! Just different enough to make them individuals to the owners. We each have a certain "take" on the subtile differences of our own guns.
I really like this little .36 C&B!
It "fits" and exceeds the parmiters that I set forth for the type of revolver I wanted. The 6 shot capicity is a nice suprise and the one extra is always nice! I wanted a faster handling barrel to gain a little advantage swinging the muzzle from target to target, be they steel, paper, or tin cans. I like the added strength of a full size "Navy" frame over a "Pocket" size frame. This affords a possibility of using full Navy style chamber charges with no damage to the close tolerances that sometimes get spread open with a "Pocket" type of frame. It is also made of Steel rather than Brass which was usually the case with other brands of the "Police" models I have inspected. It's definately a lot more gun than the one it replaces.
I don't mind the slightly larger frame dimensions as this gun was never intended to be literally a "Pocket" gun. I'd origonally intentioned it to be a small Holster gun. In fact it is actually a replacement for a too soon, worn-out Cimmaron Plinkerton which is a full sized .22lr "Peacemaker" sized revolver. The additional power, caliber and propellant type of my new Piettia Police model just broadens the usefullness of the revolver! It now functiones as a Plinker, Target Pistol, and stretching it's use, a realistic Personal Defense gun.
For nearly the exact amount of cash, I got a whole lot more gun! As a direct replacement purchase, The Piettia is much more versitile.
I am really pleased with my purchase and aI expect to get a lot of use from the little revolver. It will make a good trail companion, a definate conversation starter and snake repellant as a fishing companion (in a sholder holster). and generally a good "club gun" to spend hours target shooting with.
Overall, as I guess you can tell, I am very pleased with my Unique (?) new gun!
ZVP

Page generated in 0.03512 seconds with 8 queries