View Single Post
Old March 6, 2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Fairshake

Location: Livingston, La. about 20 miles East of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
speed of first shot

I was a POST Firearms Instructor for many years while working in the
Baton Rouge , La. area.
I worked for seven years as a narcotics agent and can say first hand that if you are attacked and not full of first rate training you will fail to react fast enough in a real life situation.
I saw LEO's with years of service fail to draw their guns when fired upon. They froze in position with the deer in the headlights look.
The very first thing that goes through your mind is, that person can't be attacking me.
Only those with extensive training will react. I was standing to the rear of two uniform officers who had a driver stopped and standing beside the drivers side door.
I was watching his hands and his right hand went into his right front pocket and I drew and had my gun pointed to his cranium. He stopped his action and I retrieved a 32 automatic ready to fire from his pocket.
The two officers were standing in complete disbelief and told me that they had never even seen the mans hands moving.
They thanked me so many times that I had to finally get in my car and drive away.
I have also see those who may punch the center out of a B27 only to miss from 10 feet on the first shot when fired at.
The real thing can't be judged until you have first hand knowledge of what goes on.
You can only prepare and be ready and remember that this is not Gunsmoke. If you feel a threat is possible then that gun drawn and down to your side is a good starting position.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries