View Single Post
Old April 30, 2018, 07:02 PM   #22
10-96

I don't know anything about the Tikkas, but I do have 3 CZ 527's. A 2002 Varmint, a 2004 American, and 2016 Carbine in x39. The CZ's are fine rifles, and to some degree I agree with one of the above posts about shooting the daylights and sometimes getting rough with a quite often used rifle. But I did mention that the CZ is a fine rifle. But the finish on the CZ's, the built in quality, mini-mauser type action, the single set trigger, the accuracy... to me, that's all the stuff that makes me take a little EXTRA care of these rifles. I'll be lucky to spend another 20-25 years shooting in this world if I'm lucky, but the CZ's will definitely be the ones my kids and grandkids fight over when my race is run.

For the .223's, I haven't shot anything but reloads and PPU and bullet weights from 50gr to 60gr. For that, the 1:12 twists do great. And didn't the newer Varmint models come out with 1:9 twists? Seems I read that somewhere.

I can appreciate you're taking your time and studying before making a selection. That's a good thing to do in today's times. Lots of luck with your choice and happy shooting.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.02094 seconds with 8 queries