View Single Post
Old April 11, 2008, 10:19 PM   #19
Boris Bush

B. Lahey

Thats funny I was just thinking how alot of rifles are better with grease. But they operate at much higher operational pressures, with bolts, carriers and op rods that weigh more than entire pistols. If you use a pistol where temps get anywhere near thinking about freezing, cycling will be slow and sluggish (tried it, so I know). By cold weather shooting I mean being outside all day when the temp gets to 7 for a high and try and shoot. It is like lubricating your firing pin with cosmoline and expecting it to fire in cold weather. It just aint happening.........

Quote:
Boris, I don't know what your problem is with grease, but it is not based on reality. Sometimes it's the only real choice.
I only post when I have experience on a subject. I tried grease twice, cold weather and onetime during the summer when thick cold lube was not an issue, guess what, in my real world experience it attracted way too much lint from clothing. Motor oil, I wiped it off after putting it on, it was like iron dust being pulled in by a magnet.

Not that there is anything wrong with grease on it for lube, and if it is used within its limitations it will be fine. Either clean the gun atleast daily or more and use real firearms lube in cold weather. If it is used for range toys and safe queens that get nothing but hand cycled then go for it..............

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 8 queries