View Single Post
Old December 4, 2022, 04:20 PM   #26
divil

Well I've had it out to the range now but the jury is still out as to how it shoots. I have shot a few groups at 50 yards that had 5 or 6 fairly tight shots, and 1 or 2 fliers. Today I had one that had 5 shots into 0.75 inches, but 2 fliers that opened it up to over 2 inches.

But many of the groups are worse. Most of them have a peculiar diagonal stringing to them, so I get all shots roughly in a straight line going up/right.

I'm not a great shooter, but I have never had a situation where I'm getting clusters of 0.75 - 1.00 inches at times, with fliers, and then other times, 3 inches or more evenly spread in all directions, and then sometimes this weird stringing. Maybe the bore is just shot out, but I think I need to dig around a little and see if I can improve things.

I can wiggle the rear sight a little, which doesn't seem right. The gas plug came loose which also might be an issue. Also the new stock this rifle has has been relieved a little in the foreend, so maybe that needs more work. The action is a nice snug fit in the stock, but I keep having to take it apart to clean it because I don't trust the ammo I'm using (might be corrosive).

Anyway I have a feeling it has potential. Any suggestions or recommendations for improving how it shoots are welcome!

Page generated in 0.02182 seconds with 8 queries