View Single Post
Old October 5, 2007, 04:18 PM   #1
GalilARM

I was "fake" robbed yesterday

Yesterday I'm in the parking garage (I'm a senior in college) at my university, and something very strange and disturbing happened. I was "fake" robbed. I just made up that phrase, but thats what we could call it I guess.

It's approximately 3-3:30 in the afternoon, I'm done with class, and I'm in my truck getting ready to head home. I climbed in the truck, started the car, and started adjusting the A/C, putting my backpack in the back seat, etc etc. My passenger door flies open and before I know it, a black guy is leaned inside my car. His hand moves toward me and I see a shiny object. This is happening so fast I barely had time to react. He said something like "Bitchh gimme your wallet". I jumped, then reached for the knife that I keep between the seat and the center console. I then realized that what he had in his hand was a cell phone. He goes "haha just playin fool, gotcha!" then walked back over toward his group (or should I say troop) of buddies. They were all hooting and hollering at this point, because whatever he had done was apparently hilarious to them.

I was still sort of shocked, but alert and keeping an eye on him. I had no idea what just happened, or if something else was going to happen. I called the campus police who arrived quickly, but of course they were already gone. The officer took a statement and passed word on to the higher ups, and it becane a big deal pretty quickly. From what I have heard, they are pretty sure they know who did it (because of some parking garage camera footage) and are dealing with it accordingly. The police are still in contact with me about taking further action and pressing any sort of charges, etc.

I couldn't believe this happened. I was still on edge long after they left. I have a HK USP .45 but its my only handgun and I dont like to carry it in my car in fear of break ins and such. I tend to leave it in my house. Like I said earlier, I carry a knife in my car, but I'm starting to think that isnt adequate.

I'm absolutely furious at this point. Seeing those guys just laughing and hooting after this "fake" robbery was ridiculous. I just got done reading the thread about kids with BB guns, and this only serves to reinforce what I already know. Youth these days are so much more corrupt and dangerous than they used to be, and no longer can we treat them like little children. There have been way more incidences of black on white crime and violence in my city (Waco) than just this one, and its getting to the point where I dont feel safe anywhere unless I'm packing. I've watched them stalk girls out into supermarket parking lots, break into cars, steal bicycles right off of campus bike racks, etc. One carful of these pieces of crap even shot up a local house with an AK47 clone. Why? They just wanted to. They didnt even know the people.

I dont know what I'm looking for with this post really, just some advice on what to do for the future I guess. I try to stay alert, and I have some weapons, but what do you guys think?

That idiot is lucky he didnt get his face slashed open, and I'm glad it didnt come to that, but now I almost wish I could have done more. Somebody needs to take a stand before this sort of thing gets worse and worse.

Page generated in 0.02338 seconds with 8 queries