View Single Post
Old November 20, 2013, 10:36 PM   #23
DT Guy

Quote:
One deadly mistake to assumes it will be short and fast. You can't cover all cases and scenarios with just a narrow view of possibilities without considering different scenarios. Expecting the unexpected is part of training past a few simple classes.

No one will make all the right decisions every time but the idea of protecting myself against the odds of a short gunfight is not my idea of being prepared. Murphy's law will guide my "just in case" thinking. I just hope that "prepared within reason" means a little more than the previously stated belief.
Certainly true, and I certainly did not say that was ALL I prepared for. I stated that the only realistic scenario I could foresee doing a tac-load in was after-action.

I'm hard-pressed to envision myself pinned down in a shootout anywhere in my life; I'm going to shoot to stop or to get away. I'm not an LEO anymore, and I'm not going to follow-through to an arrest, I'm just going to do something to stop the threat until I can leave the area.

I do agree with some statistically unusual scenarios being included in training; I've even written about them (http://www.thegunzone.com/well-enough.html) I just don't foresee lots of chances to tac-load in the real world.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos

Page generated in 0.02037 seconds with 8 queries