View Single Post
Old July 15, 2005, 12:20 PM   #1
tjhands

My recent scare.....

I'm a pretty level headed guy, and rarely see boogey men where there aren't any, so when I get nervous in public, it's for good reason.
I pulled into the McDonald's drive-thru at about 10:30 the other night. A couple cars pulled in behind me, both filled with noisy kids who sounded drunk or otherwise "altered." A couple of kids in the first car were hanging out the windows yelling, "F YOU!" at the car behind them while I was ordering. Then they sarted yelling at me to "HURRY THE F UP AND ORDER!!!" I had the top off my Jeep, so all this was very loud. In between the seats I had my Kershaw folding knife and a 2oz Fox Labs OC spray. After I ordered, and was waiting for my turn at the window, I had one eye in the rear-view mirror and the knife and spray in my hands. As I was hearing echos in my head of my ex girlfriend telling me how paranoid I am, I see the door open and two of the kids get out behind me and look at my vehicle. I opened the blade and had the flip-top open and fingertip resting on the spray button as these kids both came walking up to my Jeep on the driver's side. I gave the can a quick shake, undid my seat buckle, and opened the door as they arrived so I could get out quickly if I needed to. I won't lie here - I was on high alert and was very close to spraying the first guy in the eyes, when he comes up and says, "hey man, we love your bumper sticker! Where'd ya get it?" Whewwwwwww.........I exhaled audibly and told the kid to NEVER come up behind someone at night like that unless he wanted to be hurt.

They were admiring my "Got Border Security?" bumper sticker. I told them I got it online for $4.00 at illegalimmigrationbumperstickers.com

After I got my food, it took a few minutes before I was calm enough to eat it! Damn KIDS!!! LOL

Page generated in 0.02655 seconds with 8 queries