View Single Post
Old June 22, 2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Ninja Bob

My Experience With Wild Guns Leather

Folks, I have read a lot of bad press in relation to Wild Guns Leather and Jerry Ardolino. I don't wish to become involved in the singular complaints that you seem to be having, I only wanted to put across my own individual experience.
I am a shooter based in the United Kingdom and own, among other guns, a Smith and Wesson Model 29. I looked long and hard for a 'decent' holster and of course was continuously directed towards the 'Original Dirty Harry' holster sold and distributed by Jerry Ardolino and his (at that time) Lawman Leather company. I researched for a period of time and read the negative press on him, however I also found that there was also an element of positive press(I believe in the expression that 'you are only as good as your last mistake' i.e. you can do a 100 things right and nobody cares but you will be remembered for 1 mistake). I contacted the company and was surprised to find that I was speaking to Mr Ardolino himself. After a discussion where I explained my concerns i.e. the upfront payment and no possibility of being able to 'call round' if I didn't receive my holster etc. Jerry assured me (of course as any salesman would) that I would receive my holster and reluctantly, I placed my order which came with the 20 week order time.
Of course the 20 weeks came and went and I decided to contact Jerry to see where we were. At this time I learnt that Lawman Leather was no more and there was a contact number for Wild Guns which I used, got no reply, I left a message (feeling sick in the stomach) and dare I say it, I didn't expect a reply. A day or so later I received a call from Jerry Ardolino and of course he explained that there was a delay due to various reasons, that he had not forgotten me and that I would still be receiving my holster. More months passed and another call again answered by Jerry and further reassurance. Jerry would not be tied down to a specific date but a few weeks later and out of the blue, my holster arrived in the post. Needless to say I was delighted, I don't believe I need to go into the quality etc. any picture speaks for itself. The point being and I can only speak for myself, Jerry never once avoided me, returning my calls when he could have ignored me and ultimately providing me with a first class top quality holster that I'm certain I would go a long way to find better.
I agree that there may be better ways of him doing his business and I'm not trying to right any wrongs for the rest of you, but with patience, my experience is that he won't let you down.

Page generated in 0.02209 seconds with 8 queries