View Single Post
Old June 20, 2013, 06:44 PM   #27
spacemanspiff

My Kimber started hitting me in the forehead with brass with the last round out of a mag every now and then. Started noticing those cases were dented. Tried a lot of different solutions. New mags, variety of different mags, recoil springs, heavy springs, standard springs.
It got so bad that that occasionally the case wouldnt clear the port at ejection, and create a jam that was not fun.
This was on about 7 out of 10 magazines ran through the Kimber.

Took it to a friends shop, they said 'Kimbers have really high ejectors, we'll have it shaved down, that should fix it.'

Which I let them do, but never made sense. Had the gun since 2003, why would it just NOW start chewing the case mouth of the last round of a magazine? The gun wasnt defective, it had to be something was worn, right?

But few of the 'experts' agreed and the very last thing to try was a new extractor. Something that used to be stocked in every gunshop, but not anymore.
So I took it to another friends shop, he put a new extractor in it, and ran some mags thru, though I have yet to make it to the range to see if that solved the problem.

Page generated in 0.03075 seconds with 8 queries