View Single Post
Old February 14, 2013, 02:09 AM   #22
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Quote:
May not be PC here, but I just don't get the whole Open Carry point.
PC ain't something I do much of...

Quote:
Is it to make a political statement,
NOPE... I do that with my vote...

Quote:
to warn-off potential attackers,
Nope... I don't do much barking... Like any good ol' bulldog, I make noise when i am happy...

Quote:
assure others around that they are safe with you around?
Naw... Heck, i ain't there to protect them so if my presence gives them a safe warm feeling... it is likely a false sense of security...

Quote:
I really like the idea that Concealed Carry allows one to maintain the element of surprise or to act with discretion. It allows me to decide when and how (or if!) to react to a threat situation in my immediate vicinity.
I like that about concealed carry for those reasons too but for daily carry, I am not able to carry the firearm of my choice concealed in a manner I like...

I prefer mid to full size semi auto loader pistols bigger than 9mm... I don't think I want to stash it in a pocket...

I wear tucked in shirts and jeans with a belt... both fitting me properly not loosely... These do not lend well to IWB carry...

So I currently do not carry a firearm...

I see OC of a firearm no differently than my OC of a razor sharp Buck 110...
I know both are lethal self defense arms and I am not afraid to use either to poke holes in something endangering my life... But for some reason no one else sees the knife as a fear inciting risk...

If Florida ever allows open carry without the hunting/fishing/outdoors activity restrictions, I will be armed with a firearm daily...

Brent

Page generated in 0.03661 seconds with 8 queries