View Single Post
Old February 19, 2012, 12:46 PM   #9
603Country

Sarge, I wish it was just a loose screw, but all of those things were the first things I looked for. And when I took the scope off the rifle, I checked the bases and mounts. All tight. Then I put the Bushnell Legend 3X12 on it and started shooting decent groups. I'm not real fond of that Bushnell, for several reasons, but it does hold a zero (so far). What I have is a Burris scope that won't hold zero. But when it was still working properly, I did like it. Nice and bright and the Ballistic Plex was quite useful on long pig and coyote shots. I bragged on it till it died - 7 months after I put it on the gun. It appears that my only real option now is to stay with Burris, either with a replacement scope or a rebuild of this one. Honestly, I'd jump back to Leupold if there was any way to do so, but that isn't an option in this case. Hopefully on Monday the Burris folk will be back in the office and I can talk to them. We'll see how this goes, and how good Burris customer service really is.

Over the years I've had scope death with Weaver, Redfield, Tasco, Nikon, and now with Burris. In 35 years or more of using top of the line Leupold scopes I have never even once had the need to talk with their customer service department. Maybe that means that the best customer service is when you don't even need customer service. And now, seven months after buying my first Burris, I have a dead one. At least it lasted longer than the Nikon Monarch (about 5 months). I'm venting, but it isn't aimed at you. I'm just a bit frustrated right now.

Maybe I'll start a post next week on how this interaction goes with Burris and how it gets resolved.

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries