View Single Post
Old November 3, 2011, 09:02 PM   #1
jason_iowa

Parking lot incedent

I recently had knee surgery so I am on crutches. I was leaving a Target store. 3 mid 20s men were outside in the parking lot. They followed me towards my car but I was not overly concerned until one of them kicked out my right crutch and another pushed me from behind. I hopped around on my right leg and pivoted on my left crutch. I dropped my left crutch as I drew my pistol and came about to face them. They were close enough that the one was cross eyed looking down my barrel. My finger never made it to the trigger before they turned tail and ran. I called the police and told them what happened and went back into target so they could get the parking lot camera tapes.

The police arrived and took my pistol and statement while they reviews the tapes which supported my statement of events but were way to grainy to make identifications on the perps. My pistol was returned and no charges filed against me.

In years in law enforcement and as a private investigator I never had to draw my side arm but my training definitely took over. My gun was cleared, safety disengaged and in position in no time. Trigger finger positioned below the slide just like in practice draws. In hind sight I may have reacted on the extreme side due to my lack of mobility. My suggestion to everyone is to practice practice practice every part of your shooting from draw to fire. in this instance my training served me well.

Good luck and be safe!

Page generated in 0.02468 seconds with 8 queries